Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chatting with a Robot

So, I'm talking to IMified, a bot/service that enables you to interact with multiple other web services through instant messaging protocols. So, you add the buddy "imified" in AOL Instant Messenger for example, and send the message "menu" to create an account and get options. It's quite nifty. You can interact with your Google Calendar, or your Remember the Milk to-do lists... or even your blog! In fact, that's where I'm typing this right now. I've set this up so that I can post to my blog from the IM Chat app that I've installed on my iPhone.

Anyway, I think chatting to bots, and through bots will become ever more common. Case-in-point: Twitter. I think of Twitter as some sort of next-generation communication platform, something unlike ever before. You can access and post to twitter from various interfaces including SMS, IM, web, and desktop applications... If you're using Twitter through IM, you're chatting with through the Twitter bot, with other people. Anyway, it's worth checking out. You can follow me here: http://twitter.com/Rex

blog comments powered by Disqus